What comes to mind when you hear the word INSTRUMENTS?
No, I am not talking about series Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare and TV series based on these books.
Being Russian, when I hear the word INSTRUMENTS I hear this or this
TOOLS transliterate into RUSSIAN as INSTRUMENTS. ‘Grandpa’s instruments were always in their proper spot in the shed’
Or I hear this ‘get back to the instrument’, ‘take good care of your instrument’, ‘you practice too little on your instrument’… Yeah, my piano teachers’ words
Having worked in Information management space, INSTRUMENTS meaning evolved into something completely different.
INSTRUMENTS for me are tools (don’t laugh): documents, templates, processes, training, support – that help people do their job to the best of their ability.
Keeping this train of thought going, INSTRUMENTS in life mean a lot of things:
- Your routine
- The things you like to do
- The things you do to relax
- The things to do to concentrate
- Plans, schedules, diaries
- Your phone (yeah, one of the biggest ‘evils’ of today’s world)
- Your setup at home, at office, even in the car (where everything is in the right spot and easy to reach)
- Your pets
Anything else you can think of that can help you to perform to the best of your ability.
Stay safe. Tune your instruments